- ACCESS PAGE: www.ease.gov.cv
- REGISTER AND PAY THE AIRPORT FEE
- MAY ALSO REQUEST YOUR TRAVEL AGENCY TO IT FOR YOU
REQUIREMENTS to fly to Cabo Verde
PERFORM A PCR COVID-19 TEST WITH A MAXIMUM OF UP TO 72 HOURS IN ADVANCE TO YOUR JOURNEY
COMPLETE THE HEALTH SURVEILLANCE FORM HERE: OPEN THE FORM
FOR CHECK-IN AND BOARDING, BEYOND VALID PASSPORT, YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOU:
- THE PCR TEST, WITH NEGATIVE RESULT FOR COVID-19
- RESERVATION OR THE HOTEL NAME WHERE YOU WILL STAY
OBSERVATIONS and general recommendations
Visitors are advised to have health insurance and travel assistance, including medical care for covid-19. Upon arrival in Cape Verde, your body temperature is checked.
- If it exceeds 37,5º C, you will be taken to an isolated room at the airport for further evaluation;
- If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath, you will be subjected to a test approved by local authorities to screen for Covid-19;
- Pending the result, you will remain in the existing and certified treatment and isolation center;
While staying within the national territory, the foreign visitor must, like the nationals and residents, follow, at all times, all sanitary and health rules, instructions and measures security in force in the country, as well as the instructions of the authorities, until the moment of leaving the national territory, to guarantee, throughout their stay, the necessary health security and physical integrity, and live a pleasant experience of their trip to Cape Verde, so that, hopefully, I can visit the country again.
We reccommend you to subscribe a travel insurance before your holiday. Travel insurance providers are increasingly including cover of various forms against Covid-19. As international travel returns, we expect all major travel insurers will include Covid-19 cover in their policies. The cover may include medical cover in the event you are infected and cover against disruption to your trip caused by travel advice, travel bans and quarantine requirements relating to Covid-19.
We suggest you to use one of these choices:
- HOLIDAY SAFE
- LV TRAVEL INSURANCE
- GLOBAL VOYAGER
- ALLCLEAR TRAVEL INSURANCE
- BATTLE FACE
- SEVEN CORNERS
To see the measures implemented by the government of Cape Verde to combat and prevent covid-19 users can access the link https://covid19.cv/
at the AIRPORT
- ALWAYS KEEP THE MINIMUM SOCIAL DISTANCEMENT OF 1,5 METERS.
- HYGIENIZE YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY AND AVOID TOUCHING SURFACES LIKE HANDRAILS, BALCONIES OR OTHER SURFACES.
- There are alcohol-gel dispensers throughout the airport area.
- PREFER DISPOSABLE PACKAGES, instead of returnable ones, if you eat or drink something.
- FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES OF THE AUTHORITIES OR TRAVEL AGENT, if your trip is part of a service package from a travel agency.
- ALWAYS KEEP THE FACIAL PROTECTION MASK. Its use is mandatory, by law, in closed spaces and on public roads.
- If you have a connecting flight or are in transit, to another island or another country, stay at the airport and follow the recommendations, always respecting the rules and the protocol, so that you can stay safe until your flight time.
RT-PCR TESTS in Cape Verde for leaving visitors
- RT-PCR tests to leave Cape Verde are not mandatory for visitors whose home countries do not require it;
- RT-PCR tests are available on the following islands: Fogo, Sal, Boavista, São Vicente and Santiago;
- Visitors who need to carry out tests should contact the Public Health Authority at least 72 hours in advance to take the necessary steps;
- The test for the identification of SARS-CoV-2 for international travel has a single price of 11,000$ 00 (eleven thousand escudos – approximately 100 €).
SYMPTOMATIC cases emergency procedures
- Visitors who develop symptoms of a possible respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will be referred to health services for prompt attention. If the visitor is confirmed with a PCR test to be infected with COVID-19, the Public Health Authority requires that the visitor be isolated in one of the existing treatment centers, until the infection has recovered.
- If you are SYMPTOMATIC, if there are rapid tests for antigen detection, this should be preferred as an alternative to PCR.
- Suspicious cases may be allowed to stay in the hotel, inside the room, and cannot leave until the test result has been obtained. In this case, priority will be given to the PCR test, so that the result can be obtained within 24 hours and thus decide whether to remain in the hotel or to go to an isolation space.
- If the PCR result is positive, it will be transferred to the isolation space already identified by the country’s authorities, either for asymptomatic people, or for those with symptoms and / or with severity criteria.
- In the case of a child or person with special needs or reduced mobility, they will be accompanied by an adult (parent, mother or guardian), fulfilling all preventive measures, if the adult is negative.
- The sample will be collected, preferably at the hotel, to avoid the circulation of the suspected case.
- Isolation / treatment for mild cases, according to current national guidelines, for asymptomatic patients, is 10 days from the sample collection date, and a minimum of 13 days for symptomatic patients, starting from the first day of symptom onset. .
- For differentiated and special care there are intensive care centers prepared and certified internationally.
- The costs of treatment and accommodation in Cape Verde are charged to users and / or operators / insurers, as the case may be.
- Everyone is advised to travel with international health insurance coverage, including Covid-19.
ASYMPTOMATIC cases emergency procedures
- Cases must comply with the isolation in the Covid-19 isolation and treatment centers indicated by the health authorities, for a period of 10 days;
- Hotel establishments must keep all asymptomatic cases under surveillance until the arrival of health authorities, who will assess the situation to better decide the measures to be taken;
- According to the country’s rules, the mildest cases that do not require treatment are placed in isolation at home;
- Cases with mild symptoms will be referred to existing treatment centers, following the procedures and protocols until discharge;
- For more severe cases that require treatment and special attention, they will be treated in hospitals and justified interned in intensive care prepared and certified for the purpose.
- Wash hands often with soap and water and sanitize with alcohol gel.
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue disposable and lay it down immediately in the trash.
- Keep always a distance of 1.5 meters from everyone who does not belong to your household, with or without symptoms.
- The use of mask is mandatory on public roads and in all closed spaces.