To understand what to do at Boavista, just check the events calendar. It is a calendar of the most important events, which you can also find in the “Boa Vista” app on your smartphone’s app store. Here you will also find the list of parties, nights and birthdays, as well as special events, such as sports or cultural events. The Boa Vista agenda also allows you to understand when to visit Cape Verde, depending on the things that interest you most. Follow the official Facebook page to stay up to date!
The calendar of events in Boavista
EVENTS IN BOAVISTA
Although for many there is no winter in Cape Verde, the island of Boavista is cooler and windier between December to March with temperatures ranging from 19º to 25ºc with exceptions. This is the ideal time for water sports. This period is recommended for sports such as surfing, kite-surfing or windsurfing, which are quite popular on the island.
Time of the year that is typically associated with the revival of terrestrial flora in various parts of the world, differs in Cape Verde, especially in Boavista, which has a more arid climate. On the island, spring comes with the arrival of humpback whales from the North Atlantic that can be seen on the half-day catamaran excursions.
In summer the island of Boavista is a paradise for sea turtles. Caretta Caretta turtles come to lay their eggs on the beach where you can see them at night on organized excursions or even on quad or 4×4 bikes. The heat is not excessive, but beware of sunburn!
It is the rainy season in the Cape Verde archipelago: it rains very little, only a few days a year, and after this event the island becomes lush and completely green. The humidity is a little higher, but the wind is beginning to be felt.
Download the app to bring the calendar with you
In addition to the various activities practiced, such as water sports, 1 January is also celebrated, the New Year party
The Carnival of the island of Boa Vista, has been growing and becoming more and more a popular party
- Sport fishing is a tourist product with a worldwide rise, it can be carried out in any season of the year in Boavista;
- An incredible humpback whale watching tour in the Atlantic also begins;
- Women’s month;
- Easter is celebrated, which is a festival based on Christian traditions;
- 14 to 19 is Arts Week;
- The 3rd of May celebration of Santa Cruz and the 4th of May celebration of Patron Saint in Rabil
- Santa Cruz activities always start a week in advance, at the pace
sports and cultural programs of various kinds. Popular Dinner
(Canja, Guizode d´Capod and Cathupa k´botchada), followed by a cultural night with live music
live, fashion show and dance in the square of Boaventura. Mass and Procession of Saint
Cruz followed by a Popular lunch, a cultural afternoon on the street ahead, head-on with a
donkey, sacking and rooster slaughter and Cutchi Midje, cultural night with live music
live participation of local musicians, and a great Baile Popular in the multipurpose Libera.
- Tourism Forum
- Sea turtles begin spawning on the island’s coast and a good season for observation; It can also be a good time to play football on the beach at the sea;
- 13th June celebrates the feast of Santo António in Povoação Velha;
- The activities in honor of the Festa do Município and its patron, Nha Santa Isabel have
beginning in June;
- The 4th of July celebration of Santa Isabel is celebrated in Sal Rei and day of the Municipality of Boa Vista,
- Book launches, conferences, workshops, traditional Sal-Rei fair, concerts, “Noite da Guitarra”, theater and exhibitions;
- Turtle watching;
- Praia da Cruz Festival, is the biggest cultural event that takes place in the Municipality;
- Fair in the Agricultural Sector, in Aldeias do Norte;
21st to 27th Morna and Gastronomy Week in Sal Rei;
- 18th and 19th, National Culture Day;
- Fisheries Fair;
It is celebrated on the 24th Mass of the cock; 25th Christmas; Boa Vista Ultramarathon,